How to measure your Twitter Success
As you know, Twitter only allows for 140 characters and it can be a challenge sometimes to get your updates under that constraint. A lot of the time, I’ll tweet out a link to a website, but don’t want to waste characters on the website URL. There are a lot of link shorteners out there, and the one I use is bit.ly. I use that site to not only shorten my links, but it provides great tracking abilities and allows you to measure your Twitter success.
Once you have logged in with either Facebook or Twitter, you can start shortening and tracking your links right away. Below you will see an example…
1. Type in the link you want shortened
2. Hit Shorten
3. You can view the content of the link you have shortened. On the left hand side you will see the number of people who have clicked on the link. In this example 24 have clicked. Bit.ly offers a lot of other tools to show you who has clicked on your links.
4. Once you lick on the “Info Page,” You’ll get a number of graphs to track your links. The below image tracks how many clicks you have received by the hour.
4. You can also track the avenues your link has been clicked on, that is if you decide to post your link in multiple places. This image also shows you the countries that your links are being clicked in.
5. The site also gives you a listing of those Tweets that people have included your link in. Very handy for engagement later on if you decide to thank those who have shared your link.
You can also use Bit.Ly on your mobile phone. I personally use the mobile site all the time when Tweeting from my phone. It is a great way to quickly measure your Twitter Success.
As always, don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook!